Heads up, sellers! Clean and fresh goes without saying, but a new study from GetAgent says selling your home may be as simple as one of these fragrances wafting through the halls of your home:
What My Grandmother Taught Me About Baking Soda
Dated: January 10 2019
Do you remember that orange box of baking soda your Grandmother always had around, or maybe you have one tucked away in your fridge or kitchen cabinet can also be an inexpensive, and earth-friendly, solution for your laundry needs. It’s safe to use in both standard and high-efficiency washers and is one of the best products available to reduce your dependence on chemicals.
Let’s take a look into the top 5 ways baking soda can be used in your laundry room:
1. Reduce and Remove Laundry OdorThe body odors found on our clothing and linens are caused by different types of bacteria. These bacteria are removed when the detergent’s molecules break them up and flush them away from the clothing.
2. It is often less expensive than detergents generally don’t have strong enough enzymes to remove all of the bacteria, so baking soda will be a great boost to your detergent’s bacteria fighting power. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to each laundry load to make your detergent work more effectively.
3. Boost Bleach PerformanceBleach is often used to removed odors and stains from our laundry; however, if the water is to acidic, bleach doesn’t do it’s job as effectively. Just as it boosts detergent performance, baking powder can also help how effectively your bleach works. Which equates to less use of bleach and it’s negative impact on our environment.
4. Use As A Natural Fabric Softener Baking soda is great for regulating your water’s pH level in your washer. It does this by making sure the rinse water is not too acidic or full of alkaline. 1/2 cup of baking soda to each rinse cycle with balance the mineral deposits in the water and keep them off of your clothes. It’s the minerals that make your clothing feel stiff, baking soda is a shield for your clothes from these minerals.
5. Grandmother Georgia always had her iron handy. Baking soda is a gentle and earth-friendly abrasive. The face plate of an iron is notorious for building up starch and scorch deposits. To remove this build-up, mix a paste of water and baking soda and rub the paste over the face of the cool iron with a white cloth. Gently wipe the build-up away. You can finish with a wipe of white vinegar with a fresh towel.
6. This is a new one, it can control Water SudsIf you accidentally use regular laundry detergent on a washing machine that requires HE detergent, you’ll get a mess of suds. They might be fun to look at, but they are a pain to clean up. If you make this mistake, just grab a box of baking soda and sprinkle it directly on the suds to break them down. The baking soda is good at absorbing the moisture and will make clean-up much easier.
As a Realtor, my first priority is to make my clients happy. I listen to my clients wants and needs to achieve the best outcome in every transaction and I strive to ensure that the home buying or sell....